Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost ring tones and alert tones

hi all I've had to resety phone and need to put all my tones back on but they aren't found in my purchase history. My phone is all up to date I also still have summary of payment to prove I brought it. I'm still using same iTunes account as i did when I brought it. Everything else is there my apps ect but just the tones gone.

help please

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:27 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 1:38 AM in response to bekkie-jae

Tones (and audiobooks) are a one-time only download from the store. Do you have copies of them in the Tones section of your computer's iTunes library (or on your backup of your downloads/library) so that you can sync them back ?

If not, and if they are still in the store and you haven't moved countries since buying them, you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

If they do grant you a redownload you can copy them over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases so that you can take a backup copy of them. (Apps, music etc will only be redownloadable as long as the rights-holder doesn't remove them from the store, if not already doing so you should also be taking backup copies of them.)

I have lost ring tones and alert tones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.