Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone/ipad can't connect to some wifi networks

For the past two weeks I've been traveling and my iphone 6 and ipad have had trouble connecting to airport wifi networks, though my husband's Android phone has had no trouble. (His phone also connects much faster to all hotel wifi networks.) The problem seems to be that I can't get to the log in screen. The network appears connected but then I can't access the internet. I've tried clicking "forget this network" and restarting to no avail. Also clicking on/off wifi doesn't help. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:57 AM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 3:00 AM in response to AlfieBB

Take a look at this Apple Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Jul 2, 2015 8:18 AM in response to D.Cohen

Yes, tried all of that. Still could not log in at one airport, neither on iphone nor ipad, but the Android phone connected just fine. I could never get that log in screen to pop up.

The other wifi networks I managed to connect with took much longer than the Android phone, multiple tries to get that log-in screen to pop up.

This seems to be a very specific problem. Since it happened on two devices -- both restarted -- I doubt I'm the only one dealing with this.

iphone/ipad can't connect to some wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.