Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I already subscribe to iTunes Match, do I still need to subscribe to Apple Music?

I pay $25 a year to use iTunes Match. Apple Music looks great but I can subscribe to that - for less money than iTunes Match - and have access to all of the music as well as the rest of the library so the question here is...

If I already pay $25 for iTunes Match, shouldn't I get Apple Music? Or does it just make sense to cancel iTunes Match and subscribe to Apple Music for less?

I recognize some very obscure items in my library may not be in Apple Music and, therefore, no longer accessible in the cloud. But I would think that about 99.9% of my library is available.

Anyone have any idea/thoughts?

Thanks !

MT

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 5:43 AM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:32 AM in response to microKOAT

How exactly is $10 a month ($120 a year) cheaper than $25 a year? iTunes Match completely suits my needs, it gives me access to all of my music anywhere at any time without having to use the storage on my phone. Anything popular that iTunes is going to have anyway, well...there's always YouTube for that. So my thinking is...why bother paying Apple $10 a month for something I can browse to and listen to for free as it is?

This whole thing, of course, is moot if iOS 8.4 doesn't fix iTunes Match (which is currently unusable after an 8.3 glitch destroyed Album Artist sorting).

Jun 30, 2015 6:36 AM in response to microKOAT

Consider iTunes Match as your safeguard to

assure your music library is always in the cloud.

It's nice comfort at $24.99/year. Whereas Apple

Music charges $9.99/month to receive full access

to iTunes Library plus it incorporates storing your

existing library in the cloud. But should you ever

cancel Apple Music, the only music in your library

would purchased music from iTunes. Any music

you uploaded via CDs, etc would be no longer in

your library. I advise keeping iTunes Match.

Since I already subscribe to iTunes Match, do I still need to subscribe to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.