Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you PERMANENTLY delete keyboard shortcuts?

Greetings,

I've read numerous threads on this, but have not found a reliable solution, so let's try again...

I have a few keyboard shortcuts that I'd like to permanently delete. I know how to go into settings and delete them, but apparently they still live in iCloud and will repopulate moments after deletion. I've even gone so far as to delete them from my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook in rapid succession so that all three will deliver the same results to the cloud when synced, but the blasted shortcuts always come back. Any ideas that do NOT require tinkering with the registry?

Running iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air and newest version of Yosemite on MacBook Air.

libo

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 9:00 AM

I have this same problem. This is what I just tried, not sure if it will work.

1. open setting on your phone

2. open iCloud in setting

3. turn off backup

4. close settings

5. open General

6. open Keyboard

7. open shortcuts

8. delete all unwanted shortcuts and save(done)

9. reopen iCloud

10. Turn Backup back on

11. Back up now

This should resend the updated setting to the cloud. If the iCloud is the problem. I will wait until later today to see the the shortcuts come back or not, then I will update this reply.

Hope it helps.

Shirley

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2015 9:00 AM in response to libohound

I have this same problem. This is what I just tried, not sure if it will work.

1. open setting on your phone

2. open iCloud in setting

3. turn off backup

4. close settings

5. open General

6. open Keyboard

7. open shortcuts

8. delete all unwanted shortcuts and save(done)

9. reopen iCloud

10. Turn Backup back on

11. Back up now

This should resend the updated setting to the cloud. If the iCloud is the problem. I will wait until later today to see the the shortcuts come back or not, then I will update this reply.

Hope it helps.

Shirley

How do you PERMANENTLY delete keyboard shortcuts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.