Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Artist Mixing

I just noticed an issue with my iTunes Match on the iPhone side.

It seems some artists have been mixed together, albums are under different (sometimes non existent) artists, and songs have gone entirely missing. I double checked the iTunes library on my laptop to make sure all the music was correctly organized and it is. Syncing iTunes Match did not clear the issue, not did disable/re-enable iTunes Match in my iPhone. After the disable/re-enabling Match on the iPhone the library downloaded again with music and artists all mixed up. I'm not exactly sure where the cause of the error is and I'm not seeing an option to rebuild the iTunes Match library on the cloud side.

Both Macbook Air and iPhone are up-to-date on software.

Suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:25 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 3:52 AM in response to Cornopaez

Hi

I have just found exactly the same issue. If I look on my iPhone under artists, I now have some artists duplicated, albums and songs from other artists appearing, and also missing songs. This was all fine at the weekend. I have checked on my iPad under the same artist and it shows completely different - different songs (and albums) missing, different artists duplicated and different incorrect albums listed under a particular artist. Al this is before upgrading to the new 8.4 iOS. My iTunes Match subscription was just renewed last week and I was thinking twice about using it again - I have wasted countless hours trying to 'fix' iTunes Match. I run dance classes and DJ at festivals and I'm all for Apple. Seriously thinking of ditching iTunes Match and just plugging in devices to update the content. iTunes Match just isn't reliable. I have done nothing over the last 3-4 weeks with my music library and now it suddenly decides to mess everything up on my devices. I would reset my devices and re-sync, but I've been there so many times before I really don't see the point. For the price you pay for Apple products I would expect things like this to just work!

Jul 1, 2015 5:00 AM in response to PJ-77

Hey PJ,

Most of the issues I was experiencing were more or less resolved when I updated to iOS 8.4 last night. I suspect the issues had something to do with backend upgrades related to Apple Music and the new Music app on iOS.

However, I'm not sure the matching of artists with their pages is being done correctly. Some of the pages and artwork (mostly in classical music) is weirdly matched to other artists or sub-artists participating in only one album out of 30 in the library. I can only hope things move in the right directions once updates being to roll in.

iTunes Match Artist Mixing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.