Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords for some web sites not saved correctly

I sometimes have to manually re-enter passwords because the saved password is incorrect. Mostly the six or so "financial" web sites I use, but others also. Sometimes it (Keychain?) will ask if I want to save the re-entered password and sometimes it doesn't. At any rate, I can enter the correct password, click yes to save; but when I go back the auto filled password is incorrect.

In Safari Prefs I have all four items checked in AutoFill and in Passwords and have checked "AutoFill user names and passwords."

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iMac late 2013

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:27 AM

7 replies

Jun 30, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks, Eric; I'll check into that. Here at Discussions is a prime example; but here, it's my user name. Every time I come here it shows my old username, the one before I went to this iMac and Mavericks. I have to retype my user name each time; but my password works.

I thought that might be one answer: to delete the entry and then go to the particular web site and start all over. I'll letcha know. Thanks again.

Jun 30, 2015 1:12 PM in response to David Cun

I ran KC Access First Aid; no problems found.

I have about 260 items in KC Access; and I think about the same number in Safari>Prefs>AutoFill. All this stuff has built up over the years; and I guess carried over when I used Migration Assistant. After a quick scan I couldn’t find discussions.apple.com. So, I couldn’t check it.

I have one web site with 12 lines; all looking legitimate. Or are they?

I’m wondering if “Remove All” might be in order at Safari>Prefs>Passwords. Some items are from 2005, like:

SafariFormsAutoFill

Where: PersonalFormsAutoFillDatabase

Modified: April 2, 2005

How does removing items from KC Access differ from removing from Prefs?

Jul 3, 2015 6:17 AM in response to David Cun

I ended up going thru both KC Access and Prefs and deleting a bunch o' stuff. Deleting just in KC Access didn't work; had to do both. t think I worked it out. At least coming back here to Discussions my user name and password displayed correctly. It appears that KC Access keeps old stuff and tries to use it, even after one clicks on "save" in the pop up menu. It was a fairly tedious process; as opposed to Remove All. Luckily, I keep a notebook by my puter in which I write down user and password info. Keychain aint all it's cracked up to be...lol

Happy Fourth!

Passwords for some web sites not saved correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.