Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Era by jawbone connecting to sounds but not calls on iphone 4

iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2 (NOT iPhone 4S so this is the latest IOS)

ERA by Jawbone latest firmware (May 2015) Fathers Day present to replace Plantronics 220

Cannot load Jawbone app since it requires iOS 8 & iPhone 4 is at it's latest software update (7)

Is there more settings or diagnostics on the iPhone for bluetooth that can send sounds but not phone calls?

Background:

Originally a Fathers Day present, after calling support I have received a 2nd Era by Jawbone from Jawbone support and both have the same issue.

Either connects through bluetooth but only after several "connected" and "not connected" cycles (maybe 3 to 6 cycles).

When connected, the connection allows sounds, notifications & music but will not connect phone calls.

There are no phone output options like I saw with the Plantronics except the non-connected switching of speakerphone on & off.

What is really unusual is that I can hear the number tones in the ERA headset when I dial the phone but the call ONLY goes throught the either of the phones speakers (ear or speaker) and not the ERA headset.

I have reset the phone many times, forget the bluetooth in many ways and many hard and soft resets of the ERA headset & iPhone.

I know the phone can work with calls over bluetooth, because I have returned back to my old Plantronics 220 and phone calls work with it, music has never streamed through it.

And yes before you ask, I used forget bluetooth from the Plantronics and hard and soft restarted the iPhone.

I have connected the headsets to iPad 2 (iOS 8, no phone capability) even after connecting to the iPhone, iPad will stream music not sure if the iPhone could still stream.

I have connected these ERA headsets to a Samsung Android phone of a friend and the headsets work properly.

I am befuddled with all the things that I have tried that the phone calls won't go to the headset, but yet the music will stop.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:14 AM

There are no replies.

Era by jawbone connecting to sounds but not calls on iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.