Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music vs Spotify

I will use apple music rather than spotify if I can transfer my spotify playlists over, they are too large to do manually, will this be possible? If not, why would I want to build up offline saved music to my mobile of 1000s of songs again when spotify does the same thing already?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:36 AM

21 replies

Jul 1, 2015 2:36 AM in response to Briansyddall

I've signed up to the 3 month subscription, I can't see in the newly updated iTunes where I can create playlists for my mobile. On the PC version of Spotify, you can create playlists, then these automatically sync into the playlists on your phone the next time you open up the Spotify app... If I am going to transfer all my music manually over to Apple Music, I don't want to have to do this from my phone.... Seems likely that I will cancel my subscription to Apple Music after the free trial!

Jul 1, 2015 2:42 AM in response to Chrissaces

First off:

Apple Music's biggest asset is its integration: You don't have to download extra software. You use your Apple ID to pay for it. And it can tap into your iTunes library, allowing you to listen to any of those songs while you're on the go—even if you don't have them downloaded to your device.

For playlist read here: http://www.imore.com/how-use-new-music-app-iphone-and-ipad-ultimate-guide#playli sts

Jul 1, 2015 2:53 AM in response to ckuan

Hi, this hasn't really helped me at all.

I have only ever purchased 3 songs from apple, I do not want to create a playlist from these songs, I want to use the new Apple Music streaming service to create playlists with songs in them (as I would with Spotify), then sync them for offline listening on my device

I know how to get the free music content and create a playlist in the app itself, that was quite straight forward. What I want to know, is can you create a playlist on the PC which will automatically sync to your device?

Jul 1, 2015 4:01 AM in response to ckuan

If I click on 'My Phone' then 'Music', only one song is there... The 'playlists' are below the 'Devices' section on the left in iTunes, I have no idea how to sync the playlists I have created on to my phone.... I've been to 'Summary' within the 'My Phone' section and clicked 'Sync' in the bottom right, but there is no update to my phone.

Jul 1, 2015 5:04 AM in response to ckuan

Hi, I want to sync the playlist I created in iTunes, there is even an option next to the playlist, you go (...), then add to, then 'add to chris's iphone... But it does nothing, clicked sync and still nothing.

Can you see how this is infinitely more difficult than Spotify? In Spotify you just start a playlist on your PC and throw tunes in there, you don't need to do any connecting of your phone to the computer, you just open the app on your phone and the playlists and albums you added through the PC are just there, automatically synced, so very very simple.... iTunes has always been a pain in the rear end, as absolutely NOTHING is straight forward and simple to use!! I work in software too!! Just asked a few lads on my software helpdesk who have had iPhones in the past and they all agreed that the reason they left apple was because of iTunes.....

Anyway, thanks for your help, but I have had enough with this Apple Music, it should just be simple to use... I'm letting my free subscription run out and not bothering with it again! Sad really, as if it was simple to use like Spotify, I would have happily cancelled my Spotify subscription and used Apple Music instead!! I really wanted to move over as I thought it would integrate much better with things on the phone, like Siri.

Can't believe Apple have still not done anything about the shockingly annoying iTunes....

Jul 1, 2015 5:35 AM in response to ckuan

I've had an iPhone for 6 years, great phone, just can't stand iTunes, all the other mobile phone software for other phones out there is better. So I choose to avoid iTunes like the plague.... Apple could have had £10 extra a month off me indefinitely if they made the software better. I wonder if it is just MAC users that find it easier to use? Everyone I know who is predominantly a Windows user absolutely hates iTunes....Again though, great phone....

Apple Music vs Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.