Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make universal Show Fonts shortcut?

There's one application, Microsoft Outlook 2011, in which command-T does not bring up the Fonts menu. Is there any way to define a system-wide keyboard shortcut to bring up the Fonts menu even in Outlook?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:16 AM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Sorry I should have been more specific: it's not in the Mail that I'm having this problem: it's in Calendar. When I have an Appointment (calendar entry) window open and am writing the body of the appointment info, there are no Font control items in the top of the window, and Command-T doesn't bring it up - I have to select the text, right-click on it, and go Font -> Show Fonts.

Jun 30, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Michael Levin

Yes, it's a bit of a pain when desktop space is limited.

I can't see a way to do that. Command+T already is the global command to open/close the font palette. Which OS X's supplied apps and many other third party apps do respond to. So it's really an issue of MS not adding that OS hook to Outlook so it also responds to this same built-in shortcut. I also can't see any way to add it in the System Preferences. You somehow need to able to tell the OS what the shortcut you're adding is for, and there isn't one that I can see for this.

how to make universal Show Fonts shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.