Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fuzzy Video in Selection Player

I'm fairly new to Final Cut Pro software (please forgive me if my terminology is totally wrong!) and I've noticed that the pane at the top right that plays back the video as I'm making a section is fuzzy. What is strange is that when I pause it, it goes back to a clearer, high resolution, but the moment I hit the spacebar a play the video, its blurry.

When I play back the video that is composed in the project pane below, it will play back in high resolution. So I am only see the fuzziness when I am dragging over the clips to preview the content and make selections.

I'm not in charge of recording the video, so I am unsure of what brand or kind of camera we are using. I am only in charge of stitching the interviews together, but I do know its a 1080p HD video camera.

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:33 AM

Viewer appearance options upper right corner of the Viewer

User uploaded file

2 replies

Fuzzy Video in Selection Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.