Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what software do i use to Burn Blu ray?

i have final cut pro, but keep getting a Blu Ray burn error. I created a 1080p video to my disk and figured i am better off creating the Blu Ray outside of Final CUt. how do i create it? doesnt appear you can burn a blu ray natively in the OS, i purchased a Samsung BD drive. help!

thanks!!

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:55 AM

14 replies

Jun 30, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Berkmda

If you don't use FCP, you will either need to use Compressor or authoring software like Toast or Adobe Encore.

But you issue could be related to a number of possible causes – including your burner.

What was the error? Can you successfully save a disk image by choosing Hard Drive as Output Device? Make a short selection of your timeline to see whether that works.

Russ

Jun 30, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Berkmda

In sharing to Blu Ray, under "Output Device:", choose Hard Drive instead of the Blu Ray burner. As Russ said, this should create a disk image in your hard drive. The point of Russ suggestion to do this is to figure out where in the process the problem is. If creating the disk image succeeds it should be either a problem with the burner or the specific blank disc.

It is also important that you say which specific error you are getting.

Jul 1, 2015 7:05 AM in response to Berkmda

Berkmda wrote:

i have successfully saved as apple device 1080p to a disk.

Not sure what that means. Did you export the movie from FCP with Apple Device settings and then burn a data disk in the Finder? Or something else?

the 1080p file was 3.8gb on disk. any ideas?

Also not understanding what this means.

Just to confirm that you're following the preferred workflow, which is:: 1) edit the project in Final Cut. 2) Select that project and Share>Blu Ray.. 3) Choose the Blu Ray burner in the Output Device field if you want to burn the disk directly. Choose Hard Drive if you want to make an img file. FCP will automatically do all the necessary encoding to Blu Ray compliant H,264 (and other required files).

Russ

what software do i use to Burn Blu ray?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.