Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email reset link sent to my other email

I have 2 different email addresses. I'll call my primary address email A. and the other email B.

When I try to update apps on my iPhone 4s, email B is listed and asking for my password. I can't remember it so I ask to reset it by email. The reset link is sent to email A. When I go to the bottom of the App Store, it shows I'm signed in under email A. I've tried typing in my password for email A when email B is listed, but that's not working. I've tried signing out and that doesn't work.I've also tried hitting the Update All button and that didn't work either. What else can I do?

Thanks so much in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:17 AM

Your post implies that you have two iTunes accounts (?). All apps (and any other content from the stores) are tied to the account that downloaded it, so if those apps were downloaded by account B then only that account can download their updates. When resetting account B's password (the reset email should be sent to the account's rescue email address if there is one on the account, so if that is account A that is where the email will go) you've received the email and reset its password, and that is the password that you are using for those updates ?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:17 AM in response to proudparentsof3

Your post implies that you have two iTunes accounts (?). All apps (and any other content from the stores) are tied to the account that downloaded it, so if those apps were downloaded by account B then only that account can download their updates. When resetting account B's password (the reset email should be sent to the account's rescue email address if there is one on the account, so if that is account A that is where the email will go) you've received the email and reset its password, and that is the password that you are using for those updates ?

Jun 30, 2015 1:23 PM in response to proudparentsof3

It will reset it for account B if that is the account that you've requested the reset email for.

For changing the email address, if you mean in the Updates tab when trying to download an update then no (all content from the store will remain tied to the account that downloaded it), not unless you delete the app from your phone (which will also delete its account) and buy/download it on account A/

email reset link sent to my other email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.