Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to restore a file from my Time Machine back up. The file is in the Appplication Support folder in my User Library. Unfortunately it apppears that the OS I was using at the time has rendered the User Library invisible. Does anyone know how to?

I need to restore a file from my Time Machine back up.

The file is in the Application Support folder in my User Library.

Unfortunately it appears that the OS I was using at the time

has rendered the User Library invisible.

Does anyone know how to make it show up?

I don't want to restore the entire User folder because

I assume I'll loose everything I've added since March 3.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Problems with OS Mavericks

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:07 AM

8 replies

Jun 30, 2015 11:30 AM in response to salpal555

salpal555 wrote:

This would be great if I were currently running Mavrick or trying to find it among current files but I'm trying to pull it off a time machine backup and I don't get an option to show the library when I try "view options" after selecting the vintage user folder I want to restore from. I think I'm hosed.

It clearly states you are using Mavericks, sorry but if you don't provide accurate information then you are not going to get accurate answers either.

Jul 1, 2015 7:34 AM in response to rkaufmann87

My bad. The problem is difficult to describe and I have little technical knowledge or vocabulary.

My current iMac is running Yosemite.

At the time of the back up date I want to use it was running Mavericks.

So when I go back to March 3 and try to find the Library folder within my User folder it's invisible.

Or at least I think that's the case.

At any rate, I've decided to give up.

This one is clearly beyond me.

Thanks for your time and help.

I need to restore a file from my Time Machine back up. The file is in the Appplication Support folder in my User Library. Unfortunately it apppears that the OS I was using at the time has rendered the User Library invisible. Does anyone know how to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.