Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X apple amd action message

Hello , my name is Guy1337.

I Have an IPad mini 2 and i cant sign in my AppStore account . My Ios version is 8.4 .

WHen i write true AppleID and password AppStore say's : "X-apple-AMD-action_message".

Please , help me , i cant sign in my appstore account about 2 weeks !!!

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:33 AM

it happened to me as well because of iOS 8.4 update. as you noticed, after this update, you will see new-looked Music icon. and this Music app now works like Appstore / iTunes / iCloud. which means the Music app will use your appleID information. If you are using more than 2 apple ids (in my case, i had several appleid of other country), you may see that message if your apple id logged in Appstore is NOT same as Music app. So, you need to log out iTunes or Appstore AND Music app as well and run Music app (if Music app was running background, force close first) and sign in with the SAME appleID you want to use on Appstore / Itunes. Once you log in with appleID you want to use on Appstore, your appstore will be changed automatically with appleID. Hope your issue can be solved with my tip.😐

50 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 1:33 AM in response to Guy1337

it happened to me as well because of iOS 8.4 update. as you noticed, after this update, you will see new-looked Music icon. and this Music app now works like Appstore / iTunes / iCloud. which means the Music app will use your appleID information. If you are using more than 2 apple ids (in my case, i had several appleid of other country), you may see that message if your apple id logged in Appstore is NOT same as Music app. So, you need to log out iTunes or Appstore AND Music app as well and run Music app (if Music app was running background, force close first) and sign in with the SAME appleID you want to use on Appstore / Itunes. Once you log in with appleID you want to use on Appstore, your appstore will be changed automatically with appleID. Hope your issue can be solved with my tip.😐

Jul 5, 2015 8:20 PM in response to Guy1337

I called apple support and a senior technician told me to back up all my save data and pictures and stuff, then told me to get itunes on my computer and reset my iPad mini 2 through that, then just download the backup. I did some research (there is no research material though, this is the only thing about this error on google) and it seems that only Apple iPad 2's are experiencing this bug

Jul 7, 2015 2:20 AM in response to clara3

Sign out of iTunes & App Store under settings. Close App Store, Close itunes, Sign out of Music and close the app. Then switch off thr device entirely just to be sure. Wait a couple of minutes not to jinx anything. Then turn on your device. Go directly and open only the MUSIC app by hitting that new problematic new music icon. Sign into your Apple account from MUSIC. Once signed in, you can go to settings to check under iTunes & App Store and you should be signed in. Did all this while on hold with the apple technician and by the time he got back to me, managed to give him the solution.

Jul 13, 2015 8:26 PM in response to Guy1337

Great! I'm almost winning a level in Candy Crush and need one more move - cant' pay forit!! Stupid x apple and action message will not let me do anything! I've been on this level a long time and it's within one move to win but APPLE won't let me. Maybe time for a Samsung! I know I can get rid of the message, but my game will be gone and I have to start over - all becase apple wants to show its self.

Furious

Barb

Jul 13, 2015 9:18 PM in response to barb289

Thats exactly what brought me to this post. And the posts from Guy1337 worked. Just may take a couple of times. What I did exactly: settings, iCloud, Sign out. It will give you a warning that all of your saved stuff will disappear, but as long as you have it saved on the cloud you are cool. Once signed out, I went to settings, iTunes and App Store, and signed out as well. Next, go to your apple music app and sign out of your account there as well if this hasnt already been done for you from the last couple of sign outs of the cloud. Then close the music app. in this case, shut down your candy crush too. No need to hard reset the phone or anything crazy. Now just sign back in to iCloud in both of the spots you signed out of, then open the music app and sign in using your apple id that you use on your phone. Then sign back into candy, try a purchase, and you should be good. That's exactly what I did, and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps!

X apple amd action message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.