Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transition from Aperture to Photoshop Elements?

I am considering moving from Aperture to Photoshop Elements - rather than the more professional Lightroom which I believe is more than I want or need. Is there an easy way to do this? I need to move two large Aperture libraries, and don't want to lose metadata. I see that there is a plug-in for Lightroom, but nothing like that for Elements. I'm a long-time user of Elements to supplement Aperture.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:55 AM

Elements isn't really an Digital Asset Manager, like Aperture/Lightroom. SO you need to export from Aperture to the Finder and that's where your Photo will live thereafter. From a management point of view, after that you into whatever Elements uses. Choose your Export settings carefully in Aperture - there's a very good chapter on this in the Help - and you'll not be able to export and original-version relationship, you'll need to choose one or export both, but with no ability to revert.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:55 AM in response to JeffinOC

Elements isn't really an Digital Asset Manager, like Aperture/Lightroom. SO you need to export from Aperture to the Finder and that's where your Photo will live thereafter. From a management point of view, after that you into whatever Elements uses. Choose your Export settings carefully in Aperture - there's a very good chapter on this in the Help - and you'll not be able to export and original-version relationship, you'll need to choose one or export both, but with no ability to revert.

Transition from Aperture to Photoshop Elements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.