Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.4 imessage keeps crashing

Hi, I use imessage for a bit then it starts to lag and then nothing happens. I exit and close the app using the double-click app switcher and then when I try to go back in it hangs, eventually opens up showing 0 messages and brings up the option of starting a new message. I cannot add contacts to the message nor can I send whatever I type to anyone. The only way to temporarily rectify it is to restart the phone. It then happens again a few minutes later. I am on iOS 8.4.

Please help! The phone gets really hot in this which makes me think it's doing a lot of work.

iPod (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 5:20 AM in response to CFBSA

OK so I think I resolved this. I started by deleting my message threads and found that threads with that "effect power" unicode that crashes imessage wouldn't delete. So what I had to do was delete it...wait a bit then restart the phone. It would clear the thread but the holder would still exist. Then delete that and move on to the next one. I haven't had imessage crash today yet after I cleared all my messages. Maybe the unicode error hasn't been resolved in iOS8.4

ios 8.4 imessage keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.