Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough space?

Trying to update iPad iOS.
iTunes always show many gigabytes free. For example, currently it seems I have 3.53 GB of free space. Lots of headroom to sync.

User uploaded file

But it won't install iOS 8.4 because there's not enough space? Sure enough in Settings in iPad it's only about 440 MB free space.

What's the meaning and purpose of the 3.53 GB Free that iTunes report? Isn't that my iPad free space? How can I apply it to my iPad?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:41 AM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2015 10:11 AM in response to macuser7777

Thank you, but again the question is about why iTunes show the many gigabytes in the lower bar. What's the meaning and purpose of it? The screenshots are shown. There's some kind of disconnect between the 3.53 GB reported and the 440 MB actual. But what?

Please read the questions.

Questions are stated with a question mark. Thank you.

Not enough space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.