Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Adding Songs to Playlists in My Music, Issues

I am just getting used to Apple Music. The first glaring issue I have had with it thus far is that when I try to add songs that I am streaming to a Playlist in My Music, it does not save it. I have had this problem across the board. I cannot add Playlists, Albums, Songs, anything to My Music. The only things I seem capable of manipulating are songs I have in my iTunes that I purchased. I have already seen at least a few people with this issue online! Please fix Apple!! I should be able to create playlists with my music I downloaded alongside music I am streaming, right?! Please advise.

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:01 AM

UPDATE: The default setting was not showing playlists with anything not stored on my phone. Click "All Playlists" in "My Music" and turn off "Show Music Available Offline".

However, when I am at an artist's album such as "To Pimp A Butterfly" by Kendrick Lamar and I click the + symbol, it does nothing! If you are at a custom playlist created by Apple, you can add that using the + symbol, but artist albums have to be added by adding it to a playlist you created. You should be able to click the + symbol and have any playlist or album you are viewing be added to "My Music". Please advise if there is something I am missing.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:01 AM in response to wspeedc

UPDATE: The default setting was not showing playlists with anything not stored on my phone. Click "All Playlists" in "My Music" and turn off "Show Music Available Offline".

However, when I am at an artist's album such as "To Pimp A Butterfly" by Kendrick Lamar and I click the + symbol, it does nothing! If you are at a custom playlist created by Apple, you can add that using the + symbol, but artist albums have to be added by adding it to a playlist you created. You should be able to click the + symbol and have any playlist or album you are viewing be added to "My Music". Please advise if there is something I am missing.

Jul 1, 2015 3:35 AM in response to wspeedc

Im having the same issue too.

The user interface is terrible, I cannot think why this was released when its clearly obvious you cant (clearly) make playlists, if at all. I cant.

Spotify has an 'add to playlist' option on songs & albums, & will create the playlist if you want to create a new one.

If Apple are intending to rival Spotify, why wasn't this very simple & user friendly option added?

I have cancelled my subscription to Apple Music, & I MAY think about subscribing again IF they fix this issue, fast.

Even Rdio is more user friendly than Apple Music!

Jul 4, 2015 4:23 PM in response to n_modin

I'm having the same issue too. Whenever I try to add a song to a playlist, it says it's added, but it's not. However, I found out that I can add via the playlist itself by editing the playlist, which takes a lot more time and hassle. It's obviously a bug, I hope they will fix this soon.

- They should also make Music a downloadable app so people won't have to update the whole ios just to update the music app. This will be the case for the Android app for Apple Music anyway, don't create an iOS inferiority just because of this.

- A "go to artist/album" option when touching the "..." buttons to a song is crucial too! It's a lot more useful than "play next, add to Up Next" etc.

- Also please fix homesharing to play music from ios to ios. I've been using the "connect" function on Spotify, which allows me to remotely select music from my phone to my tablet (which is connected to my surround system).

Fix all this and I can unsubscribe from Spotify.

Also, Apple should hire me for more amazing ideas. 😉

Apple Music - Adding Songs to Playlists in My Music, Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.