Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After HDD replacement, icloud is full but only 480 mb is used

Hi all,

I've had a HDD crash from my MBP 2010 recently, bought a SSD and put it in my mac and recovered my disk with a TC backup.

For some reason, after having my mac recovered succesfully, my icloud keeps popping up on all my devices saying that my icloud is almost full.

On all my devices, including my MBP, I can see now that I have 225 mb free of 5 GB , but that my apps use about 480 mb maximum. I don't make backups of my mac or idevices in the cloud and I didn't change any setting overnight, during the recovery.

i Don't use photostream, nor do I use the mail function. I have no picture in my imessages and my whatsapp folder is 470 mb.

any tips here?

KInd regards!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 8:50 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:33 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately after running through all the suggestions the problem remains.

On both IOS devices -> manage storage: 479,8 MB used, available 224 MB of 5,0 GB

On my MBP -> 479,8 MB used, available 224,4 MB of 5,0 GB

No backups are stored on icloud

No photo library is stored on icloud

As the problem was not there before my MBP crashed and suddenly occurred the morning after the night I recovered my harddrive from a backup from an external harddrive, I don't think the excess memory usage was created by one of my apps.

After HDD replacement, icloud is full but only 480 mb is used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.