Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone not working in other apps

Hello I am having issues with the microphone on an iPad air 2. Siri works, dictation works, when recording a video the mic works, however, the mic does not work in any other app ex: youtube. I have all apps enabled to access the microphone through the privacy section in settings, I have tried restoring from back-up and restoring as a new device but the problem remains. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:37 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 9:54 AM in response to dekerman

Hello dekerman,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there’s an issue with the microphone on your iPad Air 2 when using some apps. Take a look at the article linked below which will help you test the microphone and resolve common issues related to the microphone.

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

microphone not working in other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.