Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 Music App - Shuffle Mode, re-arrange icons gone?

- I can't shuffle my library without picking a song first.. Is the shuffle option hidden somewhere or permanently removed?

- I used to be able to re-arrange the icons at the bottom of the screen. I like my music to be on the right so it is easy to reach with my thumb.. Has this been removed as well??

Thank you for your courage

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:00 AM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2015 2:06 AM in response to elbenoit

It's wonderful.

I love how "redesigning" the music app actually means removing a key feature and making it more difficult and fiddly to use.

Also enjoy that using the trial of the streaming service, I select an album for offline listening and it randomly decides whether or not to download all, some, or non of the tracks. But in that respect at least it is as reliable as transferring songs to the iPhone from iTunes.

Having been an iPhone user from the very beginning and had every iteration of the phone, I'm really starting to get fed up with the diminishing functionality and clunkiness of new features.

Maybe time for a change 😟

Jul 1, 2015 9:53 AM in response to elbenoit

Since shuffle is available for a playlist, I created a Smart Playlist where the rule is: Time is greater than 0. So of course it includes everything in my library. 😉 I suppose a rule using Date Added is after 1/1/1990 would also work. 😎

Then I can use the shuffle option when I select that playlist which I called All Music.

Of course it ***** to have to come up with a hack, but it works. They blocked the word s*cks?

iOS 8.4 Music App - Shuffle Mode, re-arrange icons gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.