Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Turn on iCloud Music Library

On my device running iOS 8.4, in order to listen to Apple Music offline, apparently you have to turn on iCloud Music Library. Unfortunately, when I go to the Settings app and switch iCloud Music to "on", it tells me "iCloud Music Library can't be enabled. You can enable it later from Music in Settings. Until then, your music won't be available on your other devices." Any ideas on how to make it work?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:26 AM

20 replies

Jun 30, 2015 12:40 PM in response to R0b0t1ce

This fix didn't work for me at all BUT I have eventually found a fix that worked immediately.

I installed IOS 8.4 on my iPad and iPhone 6 and tried enabling iCloud Music Library well over 100 times with no joy. I rebooted my iPhone and while I was rebooting mysteriously the iPad allowed me to enable iCloud Music Library. At the time I had not spotted the significance and put it down to chance. Eventually after trying all the fixes that people have suggested over and over again I decided to put the iPad into Airplane Mode (i.e disconnect it from the network) and then try to enable on the iPhone. It worked immediately !!!!!

So - if you have more than one device and can't et things working, try putting one device in Airplane mode while you enable iCloud Music on the other device.

Hope this works for all of you who are still having major issues 🙂

Jul 2, 2017 7:08 AM in response to R0b0t1ce

I have the same issue on my iPad 4 retina running iOS 10.3.2 Now the latest. Cant switch iCloud for Apple Music on it becomes off every time while I try every solution listed here. I,m from Ukraine, but I don't think it should be the reason of issue. Because for the rest of apps which are using iCloud it works as expected. At this time for me Apple Music has another issue - it crashes everytime when I try to use search. Please help me.

Aug 5, 2017 12:41 AM in response to R0b0t1ce

- Go to settings / iTunes and app stores

-make sure "Music" toggle is on , This will allow auto downloads

- double tap home button to cancel music app running in background

-Go to settings / music

-Turn on iCloud music library

- Open music app and everything should start loading back into your app

or it will make you sign back into your apple id account, then it will start loading.

-If nothing loads, double tap home button to cancel music app running in background

- Hard reset the iPhone until the apple logo come up

- open the music app and it should start loading your music

repeat ^^^ a couple times and the music app should eventually recognise your Apple ID

Aug 5, 2017 6:48 PM in response to R0b0t1ce

I had the same issue.

First, I couldn't turn on "iCloud Music Library". If I pressed the button in Settings, it would just switch back to the off state a minute later. The issue turned out to be Wi-Fi. I was on a bad Wi-Fi network and it wasn't able to connect. So, make sure your Internet is working.

After that, I could turn it on, but the songs wouldn't show up in Music. Only a few albums were there, none of my more recent ones. I fixed this by searching for one of the missing songs and choosing "Your Library," not "Apple Music." It found it, and after I did that all the missing songs showed up immediately. It probably would have loaded them eventually if I had just waited longer.

Hope this helps!

Can't Turn on iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.