Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2010 running really slow how can i clean it up

I have a Macbook Pro bought in 2010 and it is running really slow, I called a tech service and they said I have way too much junk on it and unnecessary files but they wanted an insane amount of money to fix it for me. CanI just clean it up myself? And if so how> Help please thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:25 AM

You have two separable issues. The first:

MacBook Pro 2010 running really slow

You can provide a whole lot of information to readers without much effort by downloading and running this little Utility

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

how can i clean it up

Open the Downloads folder. choose View > Show View Options. Click [√] Calculate all Sizes.

Now click on the Size heading once or twice until the largest files are shown first.

Throw away large items that you no longer need, or can download again easily.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 11:25 AM in response to mistyfromfruita

You have two separable issues. The first:

MacBook Pro 2010 running really slow

You can provide a whole lot of information to readers without much effort by downloading and running this little Utility

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

how can i clean it up

Open the Downloads folder. choose View > Show View Options. Click [√] Calculate all Sizes.

Now click on the Size heading once or twice until the largest files are shown first.

Throw away large items that you no longer need, or can download again easily.

MacBook Pro 2010 running really slow how can i clean it up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.