Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is iTunes upgrade to 12.2 in order to use Apple Music Service?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:44 AM

check the other threads on the topic. It's not available yet for the desktops. The link on the website still points to 12.1.2 and using 'check for updates' in iTunes itself doesn't work yet either. I'd recommend hanging out until later this afternoon and trying the "check for updates" in iTunes. That'll most likely be the first place it becomes readily available.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:44 AM in response to ronaldfrommays landing

check the other threads on the topic. It's not available yet for the desktops. The link on the website still points to 12.1.2 and using 'check for updates' in iTunes itself doesn't work yet either. I'd recommend hanging out until later this afternoon and trying the "check for updates" in iTunes. That'll most likely be the first place it becomes readily available.

Jun 30, 2015 1:13 PM in response to pbauco

This is where Apple continually fails. They make customers wait and wait for a new product or service, then screw-up the launch anyway. After wasting almost an hour before realizing there is no 12.2.2 available, I'm so annoyed I may just take a pass on Apple Music. At the very least, Apple has now negatively predisposed me to not like it. Come on guys in Cupertino, you're supposed to be better than this. Call your friends in Redmond, they'll tell what happens when you can't get it right.

Jun 30, 2015 2:42 PM in response to nostatic1

"This is where Apple continually fails. They make customers wait and wait for a new product or service, then screw-up the launch anyway. After wasting almost an hour before realizing there is no 12.2.2 available, I'm so annoyed I may just take a pass on Apple Music. At the very least, Apple has now negatively predisposed me to not like it. Come on guys in Cupertino, you're supposed to be better than this. Call your friends in Redmond, they'll tell what happens when you can't get it right." - Totally Agree!!!

They weren't prepared for the release.

Jun 30, 2015 2:59 PM in response to GutoMessias

As Spotify et al. have moved towards prioritizing the mobile users over desktop users in their development I have built up high hopes for Apple Music. The botched release of iTunes 12.2 today pretty much confirms that Apple's priorities are following the pathways blazed by the others. I am sure it is for a good reason, but it seems like the least they could do is communicate whats going on. There is probably a focus group somewhere that advises them against doing that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.