Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is everything on Apple music available?

Hi,

are there limitations with Apple music in terms of song availability? Because I found some songs that are in the iTunes Store but I can't find them inside the music app. Isn't everything on iTunes available with Apple music subscription?

Thanks

Dennis

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:53 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:14 AM in response to d3mueller

I'm quite annoyed by this. I don't recall Apple ever disclosing that not everything will be available for Apple Music. Whilst you can find most artists, compilations don't seem to be in the service. You can't get a single Now Thats What I Call Music album on there, but you can in store. Same with things like Dance albums like Euphoria.

So realistically theres very little in the service as of yet when you consider the entire music collection on the store.

Jul 2, 2015 12:19 AM in response to Johnny Clulow

It's up to the individual artists whether their music is available for streaming as well as purchase. Many - including most notable the Beatles - have not given permission so though you can buy their songs they are not in Apple Music.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/8/8745963/the-beatles-apple-music

There are around 30 million songs in Apple Music, and about 43 million in the iTunes Store.

Is everything on Apple music available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.