Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Backup - iTunes I am confused with files?

Hi.

I have just backed up my iPod Touch to my computer. However when I look at the files they are all confusing and I don't know how to open them? This is what it looks like:

User uploaded file

Can someone please help me? I need to see all my photos and videos?

Thank You!

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 8:30 AM

Hello JackT44,

It sounds like you have taken some photos and videos on your phone and want to open them on your PC. You will not be able to access them from the backup of the device itself in this manner. What you should do is import them to your computer from the device with the tool that Windows has built into it. This article will help you do that:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

If you cannot then this article will help you troubleshoot that:

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2015 8:30 AM in response to JackT44

Hello JackT44,

It sounds like you have taken some photos and videos on your phone and want to open them on your PC. You will not be able to access them from the backup of the device itself in this manner. What you should do is import them to your computer from the device with the tool that Windows has built into it. This article will help you do that:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

If you cannot then this article will help you troubleshoot that:

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

iPod Backup - iTunes I am confused with files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.