Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

after updating to 8.3, I no longer have anything in my photostream folder on PC, and no photostream folder on ipad and all photos are in collections.

How do I recreate my photostream?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:03 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:27 AM in response to detobias

Greetings detobias,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds to me like you have enabled iCloud Photo Library. For more information on this service, please refer to the attached article below.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

What happened to the My Photo Stream album?

When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, all of your original photos and videos are organized in one library. My Photo Stream uploads recent photos to share with your devices that don't have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

Cheers,

Joe

Jul 2, 2015 12:25 PM in response to AppleJoe

I realize only new photos will be in photo stream, but no synced photos are on icloud on pc tho I have downloaded icloud. And iphone and ipad photos are not synced. Iphone (5c with 8.3) has albums, shared and photos and album on ipad is not on iphone. How can I get all the photos on all 3 devices so I can delete some and organize them. thanks.

Jul 2, 2015 2:15 PM in response to detobias

Hi detobias,

Thank you for the added information. It does sound like either your iPhone or iPad has iCloud Photo library enabled. I would check both of your iOS devices and make sure it is either turned on or off on both.

Instructions for turning on iCloud Photo library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Library?

If you want to turn on iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices, follow these steps:

• In iOS 8.3 or later, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library.
  • In OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

Instructions for turning off iCloud Photo library.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I turn off iCloud Photo Library on just one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single iOS device when you go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library.

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single Mac device when you go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then uncheck iCloud Photo Library.

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos, select Download and Keep Originals. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also download items you’d like to keep using the Photos app on iCloud.com.

If you do have iCloud Photo library enabled on both iOS devices, you would need to sign into www.iCloud.com to view all of your photos in the Photos application. iCloud Photo library is not available on Windows computers.

Best regards,

Joe

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.