Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't backup to iCloud; get "

My iPad is plugged in to an AC power source, connected to WiFi, left overnight, and no backup.

Went to iCloud > Backup > Back up Now, it said "Backing Up" for about ~5 minutes, and then I get "The last backup could not be completed." No explanation beyond that (see screenshot below).

Tried restarting the device, same thing happened. I tried looking at the various support articles, but none seem to offer any other solutions.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

User uploaded file

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:40 AM

Hello zackinKC,

Logout of your iCloud account via the settings menu, log back in and try again. If this does not work plug your iPad into a computer via your lightning connector cable and backup via iTunes. While backing up via iTunes please remember to backup to the iCloud services as well when asked.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Houghton_Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:40 AM in response to zackinKC

Hello zackinKC,

Logout of your iCloud account via the settings menu, log back in and try again. If this does not work plug your iPad into a computer via your lightning connector cable and backup via iTunes. While backing up via iTunes please remember to backup to the iCloud services as well when asked.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Houghton_Jack

iPad won't backup to iCloud; get "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.