Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in. Because «Apple ID has been locked». I forgot the answer to the security question

Hello.

I have a problem with activation my iPhone.

I purchased iphone in 2012. A week ago, I updated IOS to the latest version and now I can't unlock the device.

I do remember my password. But i can't log in. Because «Apple ID has been locked» (sceenshot attached).

I forgot the answer to the security question.

Can you help me?

How can I unlock my apple ID (to sign in using my current password)?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 11:48 AM in response to latur

Hello latur,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Apple ID has been disabled and you need to reset your Apple ID password, but cannot because you are unable to answer the security questions on the account. For information on how to proceed at this point in the process, please review the information in the attached article below.

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If you can't reset your security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

Have a great day,

Joe

I can't log in. Because «Apple ID has been locked». I forgot the answer to the security question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.