Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add Apple Music to playlists?

It is not letting me add any songs that are not currently in my library to a playlist.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:35 PM

I also can't add music to playlists. This makes apple music pretty useless.

16 replies

Jun 30, 2015 7:49 PM in response to sdz5012

After 6 hours I was finally able to update to iTunes 12.2. However like many I can't add any music from "Apple Music" to my playlists. I get the option to do so from the 3 dots next to Apple Music items and I am able to select a playlist but then nothing happens. The dialogue box goes away as if the selection was made but when I go into the playlist it's empty. I really want to like this but it's a pain in the a**. Won't be canceling my Spotify subscription anytime soon.

Jul 2, 2015 12:52 AM in response to sdz5012

Also desperately looking for a solution for itunes desktop.

There is not even the option to add music to a playlist. Apple cannot honestly expect us to first add a song to "My Music" then search for the song in "My Music" (good luck once you've added hundreds of songs) and then add them to a playlist?!

The option exists on iOS why not on itunes?

Jul 7, 2015 4:09 AM in response to sdz5012

I'm also having this issue. Certainly makes the desktop version frustrating to use.

There is, sadly, a "solution" to the issue which is annoying but it works (9 times out of 10). When you click the Three Dot icon, select "Go To Song" > click on the actual song's Three Dot icon, and "add to playlist" should be listed. From there you can put it in playlists.

I call this a "solution" because it does allow you to put your music into playlists, but it's amazingly time consuming song after song. Desperately want to see this patched as well as a list of the songs I've "loved" with the heart icon.

Can't add Apple Music to playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.