Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

device not ejected properly

I have a usb 3 hub connected to my usb 2 slot in my iMac all the time. Every time my iMac is put to sleep, it wakes up saying device not ejected properly. I dismiss it and it works alright. How do I remove the message? It is annoying.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:17 AM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2015 4:53 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

My hub is powered. When I tried to reset PRAM (pressing Cmnd Option R P immediately after pressing Power Button), it gives me the OSX Utilities Dialog Box, asking me to choose: 1) Restore Time Machine backup; 2) Reinstall OSX; 3) Get gel Online; 4) Disk Utility. I quit, and nothing was done. How do I reset PRAM? When I plugged my ext hard drives directly to my iMac and plugged keyboards etc to the hub, the error message did not appear. Does that mean my hub is not powerful enough to plug an Ext hard drive to it?

Thanks.

Jul 1, 2015 5:10 PM in response to ringabell

ringabell wrote:

My hub is powered. When I tried to reset PRAM (pressing Cmnd Option R P immediately after pressing Power Button), it gives me the OSX Utilities Dialog Box,

Not the correct order. Should be Command+Option+P+R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously.

How do I reset PRAM?

Detailed instructions are provided in the link that Eric Root was kind enough to supply for you. Scroll up & click on his link.

When I plugged my ext hard drives directly to my iMac and plugged keyboards etc to the hub, the error message did not appear. Does that mean my hub is not powerful enough to plug an Ext hard drive to it?

It's possible. Why not connect directly to your iMac?

Thanks.

User uploaded file

Jul 1, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

I did go to the link Eric Root provided. That is where I found instruction to reset PRAM. But the apple page only gives the steps to do the Cmnd+Option+R+P, which I did follow. It did not mention the OSX Utilities dialog box at all. So I am not sure if it is talking about the latest Yosemite, or the older Mountain Lion I am having. I do not know what to do when it asks me to pick a choice among which RESET PRAM is not one of them. So PRAM is never reset successfully.

Jul 7, 2015 7:11 PM in response to ringabell

ringabell wrote:

I did go to the link Eric Root provided. That is where I found instruction to reset PRAM. But the apple page only gives the steps to do the Cmnd+Option+R+P, which I did follow. It did not mention the OSX Utilities dialog box at all. So I am not sure if it is talking about the latest Yosemite, or the older Mountain Lion I am having. I do not know what to do when it asks me to pick a choice among which RESET PRAM is not one of them. So PRAM is never reset successfully.

As stated previously, you are not holding down the keys in the right-correct sequence.

From the link: Correct sequence---> "Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R."

User uploaded file

device not ejected properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.