Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Music app issues issues

The new Music app that comes with today's iOS update really is irritating.

It pushes the new streaming service and @connect services (which I have zero interest in) by locking them in the bottom of the screen.

Automatically started following artists without asking.

It blew out all my custom playlists.

I hope to god that I only have to resync with the computer to get my playlists back!

Oh, and here's the best part, it removed all my music! Now I have to wait until I get home to resync my music back so I don't use up my cellular data downloading music from the cloud!

Can I rollback to the old Music app, if not it there a way to remove the @ connect and radio icons on the bottom?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:57 AM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2015 9:19 PM in response to Micsan

FWIW I tried restore from backup, and that didn't work, the 30GB was still missing and the music wasn't there.

What did work was to choose Settings/Reset/Erase all data and settings, which does exactly what it says. I then plugged the iPhone into iTunes and restored from my backup and it worked properly this time. I guess the restore must have tried to be clever the first time and overlay what it saw on the device. With a clear machine it had to be more thorough.

new Music app issues issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.