Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing - Store Credit

Hello! I was setting up Family Sharing today for the Apple Music Family plan. I was wondering, if my sister (older than 18) had a debit card to store credit on her iTunes account would family sharing still require her to use my debit card or would it remove the money from her personal account?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:03 AM

If she has a balance on her account then it should use that for her purchases : Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card. As the family organizer, any receipts generated by the transaction will be sent to you. Learn more about how iTunes Store purchases are billed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 11:03 AM in response to dylanfrombridgeport

If she has a balance on her account then it should use that for her purchases : Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card. As the family organizer, any receipts generated by the transaction will be sent to you. Learn more about how iTunes Store purchases are billed.

Family Sharing - Store Credit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.