Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't move to trash- Macbook Pro

Recently my macbook got too full/slow so I had to start thinking about removing things. I have tried to drag many applications to the trash and just nothing happens and only a couple of apps have a little cross next to them when I hold them down. These are apps like photoshop and the sims that aren't already on the laptop. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious but any help would be appreciated!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:51 PM

If you use finder and open the Applications folder you can be able to delete most apps om Macbook Pro, by just dragging them to the trash or pressing command + backspace (⌘⌫).

You can also download a program that uninstalls the apps for you, and also takes the deep clean for you. I can recommend : AppCleaner http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Emimeic

If you use finder and open the Applications folder you can be able to delete most apps om Macbook Pro, by just dragging them to the trash or pressing command + backspace (⌘⌫).

You can also download a program that uninstalls the apps for you, and also takes the deep clean for you. I can recommend : AppCleaner http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Jun 30, 2015 2:36 PM in response to trond00

Thank you for this! I didn't even know that the applications tab was there, however, none of the things that I have installed myself (the sims, photoshop etc.) are there? do you have any idea where I can access these in finder?

It's literally ruining my whole laptop, the words I am writing now are appearing about 30 seconds after I type them so you can imagine how dreadful it is being. It's not even 1 year old!!!

Jun 30, 2015 11:30 PM in response to Emimeic

Photoshop and Sims have their own programs for uninstalling. You should be able to access those from the Application folder.

If you can't find them, try to search for "photoshop" to find the uninstaller for Photoshop and "sims" to find the uninstaller for sims. You should be able to see the uninstaller programs.

Make sure you search like this:

User uploaded file

You won´t find it if you not mark "This Mac".

I know that the uninstaller for photoshop is located in a folder named the same as the photoshop application.

User uploaded file

Something like that ^

If this not work you can try a uninstaller software if you want, even though lllaass would not recommend it.

Apps won't move to trash- Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.