Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Plan?

Hello all,

I was a Beats Music subscriber, and have since transferred to Apple Music today. I have a couple of questions. First if I select the family plan right now, will I still receive a free three month trial (It states underneath the price "after trial period ends")? Second is there anything special I would need to do to turn on iCloud sharing?

Thanks!

Stephen Woody

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:12 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Stevewoody1112222

I believe if you have beats you wont get the the 3 months free from what I have read if you want to be able to transfer your playlists over.

You can start a new account, you prob need to make sure your beats account email and apple account email don't match but I'm not 100% sure, and you will get 3 months free but then you wont be able to transfer playlists over. Again this is something that I have read.

My worry is I want to go from beats fam plan to a apple music fam plan. But due to the how the two apps work together by not showing the fam plan as an option after clicking get started with apple music that my beats account wont get canceled and playlists wont transfer. Because the way I read it in the app is it only transfers to individual plans maybe. So if you happen to be transferring a fam plan to fam plan please let me know how it goes.

Apple Music Family Plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.