Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I restart my IMAX and press the command and R button to go to the Disk Utility, the computer does not respond. Is there any other way I can get to the Disk Utility?

I've been trying to factory reset my iMac and the computer does not respond when I press the command and R keys. Is there any other way I could get to the Disk Utility?

iMac, Mac OS 9.1.x

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:48 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 8:04 PM in response to vestrad4422

There is no Disc Utility in Mac OS 9.1.x. Are you sure you don't have Mac OS X 10.9?

If the Mac is newer than 2006, you have some version of Mac OS X, and not Mac OS 9. Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac to verify that:

http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

And once you know what you have, also figure out how old the machine is. And post that in a new thread in the right forum.

Command-R won't do any factory reset on a Mac OS 9.1.x machine. However it will on a Mac OS X 10.9 machine, as well as Mac OS X 10.7 machine if it is not older than Mac OS X 10.7.

When I restart my IMAX and press the command and R button to go to the Disk Utility, the computer does not respond. Is there any other way I can get to the Disk Utility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.