Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 year old iPad has lost the ability to get mail in the app of the ipad that says mail at the bottom of the front page. Can this be fixed?

The mail app at the bottom of the front page has stopped receiving mail.can this be fixed? I have tried double clicking the home button. I swept the page away . Turned the iPad off and on . I tried a reboot. Nothing has worked. Please help.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:52 AM

Hello Kaye48,

As time goes on iPads, iPhones, iPods etc. lose abilities such as connectivity however we need to make sure its just a fixable glitch. So go to settings and find "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", in there you should find your accounts, logout of the problem accounts and log back in, if that doesn't work try changing your "Fetch New Data" to Push so that when possible it will send you data from these accounts. Like all Mail servers, they experience connectivity issues.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Houghton_Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Kaye48

Hello Kaye48,

As time goes on iPads, iPhones, iPods etc. lose abilities such as connectivity however we need to make sure its just a fixable glitch. So go to settings and find "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", in there you should find your accounts, logout of the problem accounts and log back in, if that doesn't work try changing your "Fetch New Data" to Push so that when possible it will send you data from these accounts. Like all Mail servers, they experience connectivity issues.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Houghton_Jack

4 year old iPad has lost the ability to get mail in the app of the ipad that says mail at the bottom of the front page. Can this be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.