Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 5k 27" Still not mirroring to AppleTV 3

So I was really hoping that the release of 10.10.4 would fix the mirror desktop option with AppleTV, but nope no luck!! I know for a fact this is a Yosemite issue because it mirrors all other devices like my iPad and iPhone. I really feel like I wasted $200 on the two ATV 3's that I purchased. I've searched all over the web for the last few months for a fix and still nothing. This is becoming ridiculous!!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:37 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2015 1:37 PM in response to moosknuckles

Yes. Can you be more specific what issue you are running into and what troubleshooting you have done? I get you cannot mirror using your iMac, can you advise what content you are attempting to mirror? If is just things like movies, photos and music then using Home Sharing is a better solution than mirroring.

BTW, I can have 2 Apple TVs and multiple Macs all on Yosemite and don't have a problem with any of them sending content to the ATVs. We use our for sending movies, photos and music. On occasion we using mirroring however we haven't had any issues either. We don't using mirroring to use the TVs as external displays for any other content than music, photos and music though.

We also don't have a Retina iMac either, ours are a 2014 MB Air, 2011 iMac and a 2012 Mac Mini. If your iMac is your only Mac then you may want to be in touch with AppleCare and see if they have any thoughts. I am hoping you have AppleCare, if not then you should get it immediately.

iMac 5k 27" Still not mirroring to AppleTV 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.