Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you grab the end of a clip to extend it?

Hi!

I have no problem grabbing the end of a clip to extend it when zoomed out more, but once I'm zoomed to a certain degree, I'm unable to get the flyover with the filmstrip indicating I can click to extend or shorten the clip. This makes it impossible for me to extend the clip with the precision I need.

User uploaded file

The clip I'm working with in the picture here has a transition at the end. I am able to extend the transition, but cannot extend the clip. I am hovering over the clip while it is not selected.

Thanks,

Matthew

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:55 PM

To extend the clip with a transition you ned to zoom into the transition so you can see the ripple handles on the bar at the top of the transition. You have to pull the handle to trim the underlying video.

User uploaded file

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 8:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Coincidentally, Tom, I just discovered that I need to grab these 'handles' and came here to report my finding. Thank you for your response nonetheless!

Additionally, below is some more clarity for those who come upon this post in the future. A general tip is that when your cursor changes to this filmstrip icon...

User uploaded file

...you can click to extend the clip.

When zoomed pretty far out, here's the hotspot where you can grab a clip, which has a transition, to extend it.

User uploaded file

When zoomed in some more, here's the hotspot where you can grab a clip, which has a transition, to extend it.

User uploaded file

And when zoomed in a bunch, you grab the handle in the corner of the transition to extend the clip.

User uploaded file

Matthew

How do you grab the end of a clip to extend it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.