Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Printer Center Always Visible

Hi,

a week ago I printed a PDF document from iBooks and since then the application that comes as part of iOS ‘Printer Center’ has always remained visible. By that I mean, now every time that I swipe with four fingers to switch between apps, Printer Center is one of them. But if instead I double click the home button to show at the same time all open apps, then ‘Printer Center’ is not there.

Things that I have tried so far:

1. Turn Off / On my iPad

2. ‘reboot’ the iPad by pressing: home + power buttons

3. When Printer Center is selected, double tap my home button and then push the app upwards to close it. But as soon as I switch between apps, it shows up again.

4. I successfully printed some more pages hoping that by using the app, things would go back to normal

5. I have installed iOS 8.4 — I was running iOS 8.3 because 8.4 did not exist yet.

6. I erased all contents from the device, and then I recovered from iCloud backup.

7. I searched the web for a similar problem, but it looks like I’m the only one.

I could try to erase all contents and then select the option of start like a new iPad, but I was trying to avoid having to go that far — I think it will be a mess.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:47 AM

It's worth noting that I, too, have this exact same problem and have tried all the things the original poster tried. And, like SuperG, I refuse to set up my device again from scratch, as that would be more trouble than it's worth. I'm hoping that Apple can provide a fix for this in the next update, as it's very annoying!!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 9:47 AM in response to SuperGDogFriendly

It's worth noting that I, too, have this exact same problem and have tried all the things the original poster tried. And, like SuperG, I refuse to set up my device again from scratch, as that would be more trouble than it's worth. I'm hoping that Apple can provide a fix for this in the next update, as it's very annoying!!

Jun 30, 2015 12:46 PM in response to SergZak

First of all thanks for your fast reply!

Then about your question:

I'll start off by saying that I've never heard of "iOS Printer Center"...is it an app?

I don’t know formally what Printer Center is, maybe is not an app but it is something that comes already install in all iOS devices and it is what allows you to print documents from Safari or iBooks among other apps. When you are using one of this apps and tap over the share button you get the option to print (I mean with a real printer to paper), if while printing a document you double tap your home button to see all apps you will see that there is an extra app open which contrary to all other apps that are display on the right of your main screen (the one with all the icons), this app appears on the left side. Within it you can view a list of all pending printing jobs and cancel any of them.

After you finish printing this “app” will disappear (or actually should because in my case the issue is that it has remain lurking among all the others). So if you want to see these on your own device and you only plan to print a single page, I suggest to double tap that home button really fast, or by the time you do so it will have already gone.

Jun 30, 2015 12:12 PM in response to blue-link

blue-link wrote:

I could try to erase all contents and then select the option of start like a new iPad, but I was trying to avoid having to go that far — I think it will be a mess.

I'll start off by saying that I've never heard of "iOS Printer Center"...is it an app?

it also appears that you've covered all bases in troubleshooting...but I'm still confused about "iOS Printer Center"

A restore "as new" may be exactly what you need to do to try to pinpoint the issue. If you restore the device as new and the issue goes away (as I expect that it should), then restore again from the same previous backup. If the issue reappears, your backup has the issue or glitch contained within it. In this case, you must restore the device as new and rebuidt the device from the "as new" state to clear the issue. Not easy and definitely not fun.

Jun 30, 2015 1:12 PM in response to blue-link

blue-link wrote:

I don’t know formally what Printer Center is, maybe is not an app but it is something that comes already install in all iOS devices and it is what allows you to print documents from Safari or iBooks among other apps. When you are using one of this apps and tap over the share button you get the option to print (I mean with a real printer to paper), if while printing a document you double tap your home button to see all apps you will see that there is an extra app open which contrary to all other apps that are display on the right of your main screen (the one with all the icons), this app appears on the left side. Within it you can view a list of all pending printing jobs and cancel any of them.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I do see "Printer Options" if I choose to print a Safari page via the Share icon. But in my case at this location, I do not have my Wi-Fi printer available so I can't fully test.

Still, if you're getting this persistent process on the device and if you seem to be the only one having the issue (according to your research), it makes me even more likely to believe that the issue is a glitch on your device that's contained within the backup you're restoring from. I can think of no other way to alleviate this other than what I mentioned above; restore as new, not using a backup and test the device (setup & install only what's needed to complete your test). If the issue is non-existent when restored as new, you'll have to rebuild the device from the "as new" state.

Jul 6, 2015 11:53 AM in response to blue-link

I Too am getting the Print Center/Print Order screen during the multitasking four finger swipe application switch. This started to happen after installing iOS 8.4 update. My iPad mini 2 is full of data and I will not rebuild the device, as suggested in the thread. I am sure this is an Apple problem and as such, will be quietly solved in the next update(s)...only to introduce some other surprise... 🙂 Very annoying little nuisance, but not worth spending hours rebuilding the ipad.

iOS Printer Center Always Visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.