Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling setting...

I LOVE the iTunes Radio. I really do. I listen to it all day at work.

So, it is with great sadness that I report I might have to stop using it.

I don't know what caused this to start happening, but now the application jumps to the front of my screen when there's an ad playing. Look, I get that I need to listen to ads because I am too cheap to pay for streaming. I am A-Ok with that. 100% behind it.

However, the fact that the app is shoved in front of my other apps open on my Mac is causing some serious issues. I illustrate for my company, and I'm often smack dab in the middle of an illustration and when the iTunes app jumps, suddenly I'm no longer in my illustration, and I've now just lost the path I was creating. Or, I end up accidentally clicking on something in iTunes and then I have to wait for everything to open (usually the internet, which loads slower than molasses in winter). Not to mention, some of those ads are a bit odd, and I often have someone standing over my shoulder watching the illustration. Sometimes I don't realize the app has come to the forefront and someone I work with comes in and sees that I'm listening to Nine Inch Nails and then it gets awkward! 😀

Just remember...most people don't like apps telling their computers what to do.

I am HOPING there's an easy way to disable this somehow. I'd continue to love iTunes radio if there was. Otherwise, I have to go back to my Amazon Music.

Thanks to anyone who has an idea...

~Beckie

Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:25 PM

There are no replies.

Disabling setting...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.