Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 Honda Civic Carplay Support?

Hello all,

Has anyone gotten Carplay to work in their 2014 Honda Civic? I have an EX, which is the same model as you see in the pictures as http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

I heard there was supposed to be a firmware released to enable Carplay. Anyone know?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:16 PM

I just spoke with Honda's in-car technology support line. The guy said that while they've been working to develop it together (Apple & Honda), Honda has not yet set a release date for when the update will be available or which car models it will be available on.

Personally, I find this really annoying. I purchased my civic based on it having the most user friendly interface and the idea that it will soon integrate the apple carplay tech. That was a year and a half ago. At the moment it seems like the only way to get it into my car is by switching out to an after-market pioneer stereo system.

Hope this helps.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 1:16 PM in response to The Mac Guy 12

I just spoke with Honda's in-car technology support line. The guy said that while they've been working to develop it together (Apple & Honda), Honda has not yet set a release date for when the update will be available or which car models it will be available on.

Personally, I find this really annoying. I purchased my civic based on it having the most user friendly interface and the idea that it will soon integrate the apple carplay tech. That was a year and a half ago. At the moment it seems like the only way to get it into my car is by switching out to an after-market pioneer stereo system.

Hope this helps.

Jul 22, 2015 8:43 AM in response to The Mac Guy 12

I'm in the same boat. I bought mine a year ago, because the dealer told me it was "coming soon" and hey, IT'S ON APPLE'S WEBSITE, so it sure seemed like a reasonable leap that it would work.

Here I am almost a year and a half later, no Carplay to be found.

Judging by the lack of Carplay availability overall, I think it's an Apple issue and not so much Honda. I can't even get my phone to stop playing the first song in my library every time I plug it into my car. It seems like Apple is just struggling to get the car integration working properly.

2014 Honda Civic Carplay Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.