Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Post 10.10.4 Google IMAP accounts not working

Just updated to 10.10.4 and in Mail 8.2 my three Google IMAP accounts ceased connecting. Worked fine prior to upgrade. Suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion, 2.6 — 16/768

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:28 PM

I found in another thread that if you go to Mail -> Preferences, then click the account on the left; click the Advanced tab, then make sure "Automatically detect and maintain account settings", then it works. Hope this helps in your case. Don't click the Accounts option from the Mail menu (I kept doing that and couldn't find the advanced settings).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Dantre

I found in another thread that if you go to Mail -> Preferences, then click the account on the left; click the Advanced tab, then make sure "Automatically detect and maintain account settings", then it works. Hope this helps in your case. Don't click the Accounts option from the Mail menu (I kept doing that and couldn't find the advanced settings).

Post 10.10.4 Google IMAP accounts not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.