Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outlook won't work since updating to 10.10.4

Anyone having this problem? Outlook will not activate since updating to the latest update 10.10.4 word & excel still work but when I open Outlook it says it needs to be activated I do that but then I get an error message "An unknown error has occurred, the error code is: -805240834" Has anyone any suggestions need to get my email!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Office for mac

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:20 PM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2015 4:07 PM in response to tamber877

not sure if this will help you since you use Outlook, but it might be able to point you into the right direction? (I copied and pasted this from a reply I made to another thread so the directions of where to go probably won't apply) After messing with some settings in my Apple mail, this is what helped me, in preferences>accounts>advanced, "automatically detect and main account settings" was NOT checked on mine, I checked it, it took my account offline, I put it back online and it finally got my mail. I use gmail via POP, but it might work for you!

Jul 1, 2015 7:13 AM in response to jopgel

Thanks for posting the link. Perfect resolution to the problem. One caveat though, anyone doing this for the time being might want to put this in a script, because if you reboot, etc. the problem will occur again and the steps will need to be repeated (at least until MS fixes the problem).

outlook won't work since updating to 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.