Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding music to an imported slideshow

I created a slideshow on a desktop mac, burned it to a dvd, & imported it to a macbook. the slideshow plays well, but the custom music was lost. I understand that that's a feature not a bug (presumably something to do with copyrights to iTunes music etc) but how do I add/re-add custom music from the macbook iTunes library to this imported slideshow?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Select the video and create a slideshow with it. Add the audio tracks you want to it as you would a slideshow from still photos. However, there will be no fit to music option so you'll need to choose the audio tracks with regard to the length of the tracks and the length of the video files so they will be somewhat the same.

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 1:57 PM in response to mrraleigh

Select the video and create a slideshow with it. Add the audio tracks you want to it as you would a slideshow from still photos. However, there will be no fit to music option so you'll need to choose the audio tracks with regard to the length of the tracks and the length of the video files so they will be somewhat the same.

User uploaded file

Jun 30, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the feedback. I tried this (more or less) & the selected music shows up (on the imported slideshow) but it still won't play. All I get is the 'tinkling piano' theme music. It's like there is some kind of 'override' that is canceling out my custom music selection - but I don't know what/where it is & I can't figure out how to override the 'override'.

Jun 30, 2015 6:25 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks again, but -- still: No Joy! No matter what I do I can not get the selected music to play on the imported slideshow. Everything says that it is there & it should play, but it won't.

As a fallback, I can always import the actual photos to the macbook, then rebuild the slideshow with the desired music. That I know will work - it will just be a lot more work.

adding music to an imported slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.