Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My upgraded Office does not like Apple Mail 5.3. Suggestions?

I have just upgraded Office for Mac to the latest 2011 version 14.5.2. Seems it's incompatible with my Apple Mail 5.3 -- headlines appear OK in in-box but type on emails does not read and appears as lines of square boxes. This happened instantly I did the installation. I have to have the Office/Word upgrade, etc, but ideally would like to keep both. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:25 PM

Sorry. Not sure what you mean. Apple Mail and Office are two completely different things that don't interact with each other.

Can you clarify what's happening?

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 2:36 PM in response to KiltedTim

Sorry -- you are talking to a very un-technical person here. All I know is my Apple Mail 5.3 worked perfectly before I upgraded my Office for Mac, at which point any very recent emails, including the Microsoft receipt for the download, ceased to be readable. The headline appears OK in the in-box, but the text in the actual email shows only as square boxes. Including pre-set text like my contact details.

It is a recognition problem because if I forward the email to my Googlemail, I can read it there. Not an ideal solution, though.

My upgraded Office does not like Apple Mail 5.3. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.