Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 update with Apple Music not available on Mac

Today the new iTunes update with Apple Music was released. I tried to update my mac to iTunes 12.2 by opening iTunes, then

1.) I clicked onTunes from the menu bar

2.) Then I clicked on "Check for Updates"

However, it says my software is up to date. I then tried the alternative methods. I checked for an iTunes update in the Mac App Store app, but there is no update. Then I checked to update by going to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ , but the only iTunes available is iTunes 12.1.2 . I just refreshed this page a few minutes ago and it now says "iTunes 12.2 coming soon" which it did not say before. Apple had advertised that this update would be ready today, but clearly it is not. I had also seen in other forums that users with 32 bit PCs were able to download iTunes 12.2, but nobody else was able to.

What is going on Apple?

User uploaded file

Above, iTunes thinks it is at the most recent version.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), none

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:23 PM

According to Apple Support, iTunes 12.2 for Mac was supposed to be released around 2:00p Pacific. It is now 2:20p Pacific and there is still no release. Either upper management lied to the support reps, or this is an epic FAIL on Apple's part. Microsoft has a long track record of not living up to promises, and since last year it looks like Apple is doing their best to not only match Microsoft's record, but surpass it. Very, very disappointing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 2:23 PM in response to kylefender

According to Apple Support, iTunes 12.2 for Mac was supposed to be released around 2:00p Pacific. It is now 2:20p Pacific and there is still no release. Either upper management lied to the support reps, or this is an epic FAIL on Apple's part. Microsoft has a long track record of not living up to promises, and since last year it looks like Apple is doing their best to not only match Microsoft's record, but surpass it. Very, very disappointing.

iTunes 12.2 update with Apple Music not available on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.