Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes update 12.2

Is there an official timetable for the iTunes 12.2 launch??? Seeing conflicting reports and no official word from Apple...really annoying right now.

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:33 PM

22 replies

Jun 30, 2015 2:44 PM in response to hhgttg27

understood...but if that was the intention they should have announced that. i understand that sometimes tech isn't ready to handle an overload across multiple platforms and i'd rather they waited till it was done right...but if they weren't planning on having it ready today they should have just said it and i would be happy with that and in fact defending them against angry customers. but they haven't given me anything to defend them with yet...

Jun 30, 2015 2:58 PM in response to hhgttg27

well if they didn't mean for it all to be available on the same day that is pretty disingenuous, especially when they specifically pull out services that will be released later. also just got word from another apple user that support says they are hoping to have 12.2 out by today, which would seem indicates are technical issues (which happen all the time) but it would be great to have official word on what is going on.

Jun 30, 2015 3:40 PM in response to PatriotsXLIX

This is getting real frustrating waiting for the windows version when I can see the Mac users have had 12.2 released. It's nearly midnight in London, I was hoping to get this albatross around my neck out of the way before the day is out. My missus already cheesed off that I spent all evening fiddling about and testing iOS 8.4 - I was only hoping to incur the wrath for 1 evening instead of 2!

Jun 30, 2015 4:32 PM in response to PatriotsXLIX

I went to apple music, where a link is provided, to update Itunes. The problem is, at least in part,is that itunes doesn't know there's an update so it won't work. I can certainly understand your frustration. I'm going to wait until itunes recognizes the available update and let it load itself. I updated my ipad and phone and it works fine.

iTunes update 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.