Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the wire on my power adapter is getting frayed in points along it. How can I keep it from being totally ruined?

THE power adapter that originally came with my Mac Book

Air got killed. I did a post mortem and found the cause of death was the wire became torn at spots along it.

I now have another power supply with wire and that wire too is showing signs of wear and tare. How can I prevent it also from death? These thing are not cheap and I can't afford to be continually buying them

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:39 PM

Howdy josull1,

It sounds like you’re concerned about the lifespan of MagSafe power adapter that you are using with your MacBook Air.

Take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information that can help you reduce the risk of fraying or breaking the MagSafe power adapter.

Mac notebooks: Reducing cable strain on your MagSafe power adapter - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 12:39 PM in response to josull1

Howdy josull1,

It sounds like you’re concerned about the lifespan of MagSafe power adapter that you are using with your MacBook Air.

Take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information that can help you reduce the risk of fraying or breaking the MagSafe power adapter.

Mac notebooks: Reducing cable strain on your MagSafe power adapter - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

the wire on my power adapter is getting frayed in points along it. How can I keep it from being totally ruined?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.