Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Apple Boot Screen after 10.10.4 update.

I have a Mac Mini (late 2012) That has always had a White boot screen with a Grey Apple logo and progress bar. After the 10.10.4 update I now have a Black boot screen and a white apple and progress bar. Did anyone else have this happen?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 7:05 PM

Same here. Same mini also.

14 replies

Jul 10, 2015 10:50 PM in response to OregonRebel

I know that's the login screen, I couldn't remember if the Apple logo appeared on the shutdown screen or not.

So I grabbed a screenshot from the web and cropped it, but didn't crop the logo. When I rebooted again I realized I should have.

I've also noticed that on the black shutdown screen sometimes the circle indicator is visible and sometimes it isn't.

Way to go Apple! 👿

Jul 16, 2015 12:06 PM in response to OregonRebel

OregonRebel wrote:

I know that's the login screen, I couldn't remember if the Apple logo appeared on the shutdown screen or not.

So I grabbed a screenshot from the web and cropped it, but didn't crop the logo. When I rebooted again I realized I should have.

I've also noticed that on the black shutdown screen sometimes the circle indicator is visible and sometimes it isn't.

Way to go Apple! 👿

My observation is that the indicator is only be visible when necessary. I.e., when it takes longer than normal to close down the running processes before shutting down.

Black Apple Boot Screen after 10.10.4 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.